Saturday, January 16, 2016

Dungeon Of Terror

About 4 and a half years ago, I hopped up on a surgical table and had a kid.
Today, I took him to his first birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese.


pictured: me, SUPER fucking pumped for an afternoon in the Seventh Circle.

A few things about me that you may not know:

I have an extreme dislike of puppets. And people in costumes. Halloween is my own personal brand of Hell.

I'm really not a huge fan of small spaces teeming with screaming children either.

So obviously Chuck E. Cheese on a Saturday is the place to be, right?

The Chuck E. Cheese here in Beaumont has been the subject of at least one YouTube video, in which there's a pretty epic brawl. So honestly, I was hoping for the best--a repeat performance.

There weren't any fights, though. Some littler jerk stole my tickets off the skee-ball machine, though, and his mom just looked at me like "what are you gonna do about it?" (Answer: Nothing.)

But really, Knox had a great time, and it got him out of the house for a couple hours, to give his poor daddy some time to rest and get over the stomach grossness he had going on.

A couple OOTDs from today:
The first is my birthday party outfit. The best part about this one? All of the clothes came from WalMart. Each piece was under $20. Probably under $15 if I'm really thinking about it hard. These faux leather jeggings might be my new faves for cold days, and they look pretty relaxed with my Chucks and a slouchy tee and hoodie. Throw on some red lipstick  (NARS Velvet Matte pencil in Cruella) and it's a done deal. Earrings from Old Navy,  my AH-MAZING dinosaur skeleton necklace that was a random cheapo purchase from a Facebook ad.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And then there's the OOTD that I was dreaming about every second I was at the birthday party, because at heart, I am a lazy hermit.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


A Parting Thought: I had three beers last night (Lone Star, because I am a classy bitch, after all) and I woke up with a foggy brain. This is what people don't tell you about getting old, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment